BMW Body & Paint STEP Program: Steps to a brighter future.
New Locations Just Added!
PIONEERS IN PERFECTION.
In January 1992, BMW introduced the first Body and Paint Service Technician Education Program (STEP) in the industry. This program was developed to provide BMW centers with highly trained, entry-level collision repair technicians.
BMW’s Body and Paint Training Centers are fully equipped with the latest state-of-the-art tools, equipment and materials. Students utilize processes unique to the BMW Group as they advance their skill level in BMW technology, repair procedures and safety.
Students receive hourly compensation during training; however, they are responsible for relocation, housing and food.
STEP UP TO PROFESSIONAL SUCCESS:
Your education has prepared you for your next step of success.
Open to all qualified applicants (see qualification list below), the BMW Body and Paint Service Technician Education Program (STEP) engages and trains enthusiastic students for entry-level collision repair employment within the BMW center network.
Locations and Class Start Dates:
Class 1: 6/5/23
Class 2: 10/2/23
The Body & Paint STEP Program focuses on all aspects of body and paint repair:
- BMW Systems – electronic repair manual, parts catalog, flat-rate manual
- Aluminum and Carbon-fiber technology
- Product introduction – all current models
- Repair and replacement of structural components
- Structural measuring (Jig, universal, and electronic systems)
- Repair and replacement of outer panels (steel, aluminum, plastic, SMC, carbon-fiber)
- Approved component replacement methods (bolt-on, welding, bonding/riveting)
- Paint repair, preparation and refinishing
- Glass repair and replacement
- Polishing and detailing
- Entry-level paint less dent repair
The nine-month Body and Paint STEP program will immerse students in a 90 percent hands-on learning environment working on collision-damaged vehicles under the guidance of their instructor. This opportunity hones their skills and better prepares individuals for the transition to a collision center after graduation.
We are here to help every step of the way. Your STEP recruiter is here to assist you and answer any questions you may have up until the start of class.